Try a leading grand summary part instead of the header.
It does not seem to work there either. I have marked all but the top line as sliding up -- objects above only. Also under autosizing have top line locked for left and top. Rest of lines locked left but not top. The last line needs to slide left as well as up for all but the first word.
Are you saying you want to remove lines if the doesn't have, say an address2 field, or an Attn: field?
If so, you could create a field, call it Mailing_label and use the list function:
Customers::City_ship & ", " & Customers::State_ship & " " & Customers::Zip_Ship
This will eliminate the space for Address2_ship, if it's not in the records. Only caveat, it will show spaces if one of the last 3 are missing-City, State, Zip, but they should be filled in on the records. If you do need to account for that, then you could use a case statement to eliminate the comma sign and extra spaces-it would be better to fix the data.
edit: I see your response to Phil. Can you post a screenshot of your layout?
Auto-size anchors are not a detail to select for sliding up. Alignment within the field is a detail that can affect sliding.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
- In FMP13, hidden objects (”Hide object when”) will slide/resize.