2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2010 9:42 AM by RickWhitelaw

Sliding Objects (pictures) over page brakes

CraigFiore

Title

Sliding Objects (pictures) over page brakes

Hello everyone,

I have a layout that varies in length based on how much text is written. It is for estimating. At the bottom of the page we have to sometimes put photos.

I have set up all the text, number and photo fields to slide up, and every thing works great except when the photo falls on a page brake. The photo becomes split on to two pages.

Is there a way to have the photo field not land on a page brake?

Thanks 

• 1. Re: Sliding Objects (pictures) over page brakes
          TSGal

CraigFiore:

Thank you for your post.

FileMaker Pro does not inherently have the ability to decide to place a field on another page.  You will have to do this manually or through a script.

Since you probably know what fields are going to print on a page, you could calculate a value (depending on contents of fields not being blank), and if that value exceeds "x", then go to a second layout where everything slides up except the Container field, and that will print on the next page.

This calculation can be become more complex if more than one printer is used, and the printable area is different in each printer.

Let me know if you need clarification for any of the above steps.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Sliding Objects (pictures) over page brakes
            RickWhitelaw

This won't do much good when you don't have photos, but you could create another layout for use with photos. Enlarge the footer part of the layout and place the photos there. If you want the photos on the first page only, make the part a Title Footer. Footer parts will not break over page boundaries.

RW