What version of FileMaker are you using? There's a bug in FileMaker 12 with regards to sliding repeating fields so if you are using version 12, that may be why it's not working as expected.
You really don't need a repeating field for this anyway. Replace it with a portal to a related table of Reviewer names and the portal will slide up for you correctly.
I am using Filemake 12. Any know bug fix?
I will attempt replacing the repeating field with a portal to see how I can get it to work. To tell you the truth, I've avoided using portals, but this may be my opportunity to expand my Filemaker knowledge!
Creating a FileMaker database without using Portals is a bit like rowing a boat with only one oar. I can't remember the last time I created a anything other than a very simple test file that didn't have multiple portals in its layouts.
Checking Known Bugs for the information on this bug suggests that it may not be a factor here on your layout. Your repeating field may slide up correctly. Make sure that all layout objects--including graphic objects such as horizontal lines, located alongside or below your repeating field are also set to slide up and resize the enclosing part.
Here's the info I have on the bug:
For More Information see: http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/ea146d9cec?start=1&stop=10#189429
This is one of many acknowledged bugs that can be found in the Known Bug List thread here in the Report an Issue section of the forum.
It can also be downloaded as a database file from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt09b82i0xijbu3/FMP%20Bugs.zip
Bad news: I did a quick clean up of the area of the layout in question. There didn't seem to be any objects in the affected area and I still cannot get the part to compress.
Good news: I did a quick simple test file and confirmed that Repeating Fields will compress in an enclosing part! Something must still be amiss with the file in question. Time to root around and find out or build the layout from scratch, checking along the way.
And, time to get the second oar into the water!
Thanks again for your help.
The solution to the problem was to delete the offending fields, recreate them, give them new specs and voila! The 'part' pulled right up! See attached screen shot.