4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2014 7:09 AM by siamack

Sliding objects up on layout

siamack

Title

Sliding objects up on layout

Newbie here using FM Pro 13 on Mac! I'd like to create a layout where there will be about 20 items listed one after another with their quantities in front of them. Most of our customers have from 1 to 5 of these products. No one has more than 8 products.

I know how to hide an object on the layout when the field is empty. How do I move (slide) the objects up on the layout (as opposed to a report) so I don't have a lot of white spaces on the screen.

Thank you

• 1. Re: Sliding objects up on layout
          philmodjunk

If you want to do this in Browse mode (instead of in preview mode or when printing or saving as PDF), this cannot be done.

But what you describe should not need anything to be hidden or for anything to slide up.

Each item ordered should be a separate record and the list of items ordered should then then only list the items selected for that customer's order. Then there is nothing to hide and nothing to slide up.

• 2. Re: Sliding objects up on layout
            siamack

Thank you Phil. What you described is exactly what I'd like to do. I'm trying to stay within one table for now. I have each item and their details in separate fields and when I try to list them in Browse mode, they look like this. 

• 3. Re: Sliding objects up on layout
              philmodjunk

I'm trying to stay within one table for now.

Sorry, but this is a relational database. In order to do what you need you will not be able to "stay within one table". You really need multiple tables linked in relationships with a portal to a related table used for listing the items purchased on a given invoice. Each row in your screen shot should be a separate record.

• 4. Re: Sliding objects up on layout
                siamack

Thank you Phil