Hmmm, tab controls aren't really something I'd use for a layout from which I want to print as the values in the other panels will not show in the output.
It was easy enough to test. I went to a layout with a tab control and set it to slide up. Then previewed the layout. Since I don't see any change in the tab control, I must assume that tab controls cannot slide up. I was using FileMaker 13, but this is a test you can try in FileMaker 12 on your own if you want to see if it is any different from FMP 13.
Well I have two horizontal lines that are about 1/2" apart with a text box in between. If the field below this title box have no data then the fields slide up, but how do I have this title box slide up?
Set the field and the horizontal lines to: Slide up, resize enclosing part.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
- In FMP13, hidden objects (”Hide object when”) will slide/resize.