2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2012 7:46 PM by kyrstischwarz

Sliding/Printing in File Maker Pro 11.0v4

kyrstischwarz

Title

Sliding/Printing in File Maker Pro 11.0v4

I want a text field to expand and collapse as text is entered or not entered. I know you can do it via the Sliding/Print format tool in other versions of File Maker but I can't seem to find it in this one.

Does anyone know where it would be or if this version even has that option?

• 1. Re: Sliding/Printing in File Maker Pro 11.0v4
          philmodjunk

Sliding works the same as it always has. The options can be found in the sliding and visibility section of the inspector's position tab.

Key facts about sliding layout objects:

1. It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
          2. All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
          3. Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
          4. Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
          5. Container fields will slide only if Top, Left alignment is specified for it in the data formatting section of the Inspector's data tab.
          6. Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.