AnsweredAssumed Answered

Small Business requires software!

Question asked by lspindlove on Jan 15, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 6, 2009 by barry@coefficientsoftware.com

Title

Small Business requires software!

Hi all,

I currently run a business hiring out staff to private events and receive booking data from my clients, then enter this into Excel, then use Word to retrieve the data via mail merge producing invoices, letters, job sheets, contracts etc.

I was wondering if there might be a better piece of software designed for Mac that might do this better. I've had a play with Bento, but I don't really see what the point of Bento is - I had a play with it, but I don't understand what it provides, other than allowing you to see your address book / ical / spreadsheet in a form or table. Rubbish in my opinion.
I also had a look at Filemaker, which was a lot more complicated, but I'm probably going to be told it's more powerful too - probably requiring the hire of a pro to set up all the various forms, letters and reports accurately before allowing me to use it.
Another program I've looked at is a Retail POS prog which was OK, but complicated things further.

In a nutshell, what I require is one program, that allows data entry via either forms or tables (I'm not fussy) and then with one click, creates paperwork, emails and ical entries in one go and saves it all within the system. Am I asking for too much??

Looking forward to any replies.

Lewis J S 

Outcomes