2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2014 8:38 PM by symbister

Small pop up window/layout

kentanderson

Title

Small pop up window/layout

Need someone to please explain how to create a layout that will open over top current layout, centered and small.

Basically i want a small layout to pop up to prompt user to enter start and stop date.

• 1. Re: Small pop up window/layout
          philmodjunk

Create a layout with your fields for entering a start and stop date. Let's call the layout "DateEntry".

Set Variable [ $leftcenter; value: Get (windowWidth ) / 2 ]
               Set Variable [ $TopCenter ; Value; Get ( WIndowHeight ) / 2 ) ]
               Set Variable [ $newWindowwidth ; Value: assign a value for the width of your new window in pixels here ]
               Set Variable [ $NewWindowHeight ; value: assign a value for the height of your new window in pixels here ]
               New Window ["Name of New window here" ; $NewWindowHeight ; $NewWindowWidth ; $LeftCenter - $newWindowWidth/2 ; $TopCenter - $newWindowHeight / 2 ; Dialog ]
               Show Hide ToolBars [hide]
               Go to Layout [//specify new layout for your window here]

The values of $newWindowHeight and $NewWindowWidth will depend on your design of the layout for this window. I often have to test the script a few times, adjusting the values of those two variables until I get a result that I like.

• 2. Re: Small pop up window/layout
            symbister

there's also a very neat trick that I found here - if you have space on your layout...

http://fmlayoutmode.com/wp/?p=2662

which can readily be adapted to a 'pop-up' data entry box