1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 22, 2014 10:08 PM by schamblee

Small Workgoup Pre-Purchase Question

GarySmith_1

Title

Small Workgoup Pre-Purchase Question

I am about to purchase FileMaker Pro for a small team of two individuals. I want to make sure I'm making the correct purchase both technically and legally.

My goal is to share a database from inside my office to a remote office worker, and to provide occasional remote access to the database for myself.

First the technical question: Will the sharing feature of the individual license permit me to share out to the WAN, provided I open ports and create the necessary traffic rules & DNS entries to make the database reachable to the WAN?

Legally, will it satisfy the license agreement for me to use the same license to host the database internally as well as for me to use the same license for me to access the database remotely on my own laptop? I will be purchasing a second license for the remote office user.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Small Workgoup Pre-Purchase Question
          schamblee

You can not connect two license of the same serial number at the same time, filemaker will detect matching serial number and disconnect.  I would purchase FMPA for developing my database, and use FMP for hosting and connecting.   The license will permit you to share out to the WAN, provided you have a license copy of filemaker or filemaker go.