1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 27, 2008 11:46 AM by Jens Teich

SMART FORMS

8upwithquery

Title

SMART FORMS

Hello,

Novice here and I am looking under many rocks.  I need to take a document and separate the document into parts of a narrative report I type over and over again.

My goal is to streamline the reporting process so I can populate radio buttons and have only the selected parts migrate to a final document I can then tweak and finesse into a polished professional report.

I do the same type of questioning and gather the same canned responses.  I just have to streamline the final steps to increase productivity.  

THE PERFECT WORLD has a way to link this function with a standard folder with preset subfolders that are auto-created upon entering the subject's data in ONCE and the appropriate fields are linked to the appropriate places on folder names... in text of documents... on invoices... and who knows what else.. ????

HELP a newbie out?  

Much appreciation for any wisdom imparted my way...

:robotvery-happy:

• 1. Re: SMART FORMS
          Jens Teich
             Imagine having an extra table with two fields ID and TEXT. Imagine further filling the records with your often used text phrases. Additionally you might want a value list showing all IDs and Texts

Then think of having a text field TEXT_IDS in your reports table. This field will be filled with a checkbox (not radios because you want multiple selection) connected with the value list from above.

Now think of connecting reports::TEXT_IDS with texts::ID with a relationship.

A calculation based on table reports = list( texts::TEXT ) will concatenate all the selected TEXTs with newlines.

Does this help?

Jens