SMPT Set Up Help Needed
Correct me if i am wrong as I am very new to using SMTP. It is my understanding that Filemaker Pro 10 can use SMTP to send email directly. I am currently trying to get the SMPT settings in FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced to send messages through my Yahoo account.
I have Yahoo Mail Plus and have it is working with a few other programs on both a mac system and a PC windows system. The file I am working on is running on a MAC OS X 10.5.6.
I have the following fields in the SMTP set up screen....
- User Information -
E-Mail Address: "MyAccount@yahoo.com"
Reply-To Address: "MyAccount@yahoo.com"
Sever Information -
Outgoing SMTP Sever: "plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com" and “plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com”
Port: I have tried “25”, “465”, “587”, and “995”
Authentication: I have tried “Plain Password” and “Cram-MD5” my only 2 options
User Name: I have tried “MyAccount” and “MyAccount@yahoo.com”
Password: I have entered my account password several times in case of a mistake.
Am I missing something? Help would be appreciated.....
It is my understanding that POP is for incoming to the computer and SMPT is for outgoing. I need the out going from my computer to Yahoo.com.
I also contacted Yahoo Support. Because I have “Mac Mail” working fine they were unable to help me further. They recomended that I provide the following information:
- Incoming server: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing server: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Do not check "Log On Using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)".
- Check the box next to "My Server Requires Authentication."
- If you're using SMTP/outgoing port number to 465 and Pop/incoming port number to 955, both SSL checked.
- However for SMTP/outgoing port number 25 or 587 and Pop/incoming port number to 110, both SSL should be unchecked.
Help Please... What am I missing?
I have a Yahoo “Plus” account....