2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2011 2:45 PM by philmodjunk

SMTP Email confirmation

espeinc

Title

SMTP Email confirmation

Hi All....

Using Pro V11

My question is simple

Is there any way I can show in some way that a script has been run?

Basically I created a script to use in a button. This script runs to  send an email sent via SMTP settings.

after the button is pressed, the email goes out automatically but there is no confirmation at all. I'd like to have some sort of confirmation that the script has been run or that the email was sent.

I have no issues with emails going out - that part is working perfect.

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: SMTP Email confirmation
          espeinc

Just FYI....

I made a raw addition to the script and added a custom dialog on the script right after the send email command. Also I added a re-direct comand to take user out of that particular tab and avoid duplicate emails. This way the user knows the script was run.

I was looking for something a bit more clean. Something that will make a note somewhere that in fact the script was run and the email was sent.

• 2. Re: SMTP Email confirmation
            philmodjunk

Something that will make a note somewhere that in fact the script was run and the email was sent.

Add a table to your database to log each time this script runs. Add steps in your script that create a new record in this database and then enters data such as the recipient's email address, the PrimaryKey of a key table, and/or other details. A TimeStamp field can auto-enter the date and time each time a new record is created in this table to log the date and time the script was run to send out that particular email.