4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2009 12:37 PM by TSGal

Snow Leopard printing to HP 1022

mslaz

Title

Snow Leopard printing to HP 1022

Since upgrading to Snow Leopard FileMaker Pro 9 prints upside down on my HP LaserJet 1022.  I have downloaded the latest drivers but it hasn’t helped. This isn't a problem when printing to plain paper but printing onto something preprinted like a cheque it does matter and if the paper is half the length of A4 printing misses the paper altogether. 

• 1. Re: Snow Leopard printing to HP 1022
          TSGal

mslaz:

Thank you for your post.

First, no printing problems have been reported to date with FileMaker Pro 9 with Snow Leopard.  Knowledge Base Article #7359 talks about the compatibility issues.

http://filemaker.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/filemaker.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=7359

Since printing to the HP LaserJet 1022 worked well for you under Leopard, we need to determine what the installation of Snow Leopard has done.  The only HP LaserJet printer I have immediate access to is P3005, and everything prints correctly for me, and I know that doesn't help you.

My initial thought is to create a new database file and print using one of the troublesome print settings.  Does this work?  If not, then try uninstalling and reinstalling FileMaker Pro.  Open the file and try again.  If this doesn't work, go into Preview Mode.  Is this displaying the way you envision?  Whatever is sent to Preview Mode is exactly what is being sent to the printer driver.

Please keep me posted with any progress.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Snow Leopard printing to HP 1022
            FentonJones
               Also, there was a special "HewlettPackardPrinterDrivers2.1.dmg" update issued by Apple, on 9/10 I believe. It added my HP Deskjet D4260 (4200 series) printer to the compatible list, and now it works (before it printed, by magenta instead of black).
            • 3. Re: Snow Leopard printing to HP 1022
              mslaz

I suspect my problem is unique since most people would be printing to plain paper where this anomaly wouldn't be a problem.  If one was printing onto headed paper the problem could be solved by putting the paper in the other way round.  The problem only arises where one is trying to insert text into a preprinted form which few people would use FileMaker to do.  I have worked round the envelope problem by turning the envelope round and experimenting with the layout until I get the address printed in the right place.  I will probably do something similar with my cheque writing layout and lodgement slip layout  though these are being less used with the banks and companies moving over to electronic fund transfer.

The problem seems to be confined to the combination of Snow Leopard, FileMaker Pro 9 and HP LaserJet 1022. 

• 4. Re: Snow Leopard printing to HP 1022
                TSGal

mslaz:

Thank you for the information.  I have forwarded both of your posts to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review.  When I receive additional information from either department, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.