2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2013 1:01 PM by JavedulHaq

Some extra fields also appear from a related table

JavedulHaq

Title

Some extra fields also appear from a related table

Hi, I have created a database. And also created a list (Sale List) . When i open my list, there are some extra fields from a related table (purchase) . I tried my best but could not remove them. Please help me. i Have uploaded database at this link also.Thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/download/szzhpceg3dw1e5w/Power+Tech.fmp12

Project1.jpg

• 1. Re: Some extra fields also appear from a related table
          philmodjunk

Your "extra fields" appear to be, in fact, extra records as this is a list view of your data. Each row is a different record, So those records you have marked with an X should be records that you can delete:

Click in one of the fields of that row.

Select Delete Record from the Records menu.

But this does not address how those records came into existence in the first place--there could be features in your database that automatically create them.

And it may be that these are records that should not be deleted, it could be that they just need to be omitted from your visible "found set" of records--I have no way of telling just from looking at your screen shot whether this might or might not be the case here. Omit record is another option in the same Records menu.

• 2. Re: Some extra fields also appear from a related table
            JavedulHaq

Thanks, Impressive information. I got a solution, by hiding them by date search and I got what I want.