2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2012 8:26 AM by philmodjunk

Some fields save, some fields don't between IWP and Pro

ahcho

Title

Some fields save, some fields don't between IWP and Pro

Hello!

I have an odd situation. I have a database that I am hosting through FM Server (accessed through IWP) which is built using FM Pro 12. Now I have a layout with an add new record button. Pressing this button creates a new record and the user is able to type in the information.

This functionality works in FM Pro 12 as designed but when I try to use it in IWP certain fields don't get saved. The fields come from the same table, they sit on the same portal but in IWP whatever I type doesn't get committed to that field. Filling the field from FM Pro 12 works and it shows up through IWP.

Any suggestions?

Aaron

• 1. Re: Some fields save, some fields don't between IWP and Pro
          ahcho

So I've done a bit more digging and found a bit of correlation between my portals. The layout has the following:

Left Portal is based on a table called Vinegars and has the following fields:

Name

Type

Number

The right portal is based on a table called Vinegar details and has the fields:

Name

Type

Number

SKU

Date

Now these two tables are joined by a 1 to 1 relation through a _KP_VinegarID. They are based on the same table but have different table occurance names.

The fields that don't show up are Name, Type and Number in IWP. 

• 2. Re: Some fields save, some fields don't between IWP and Pro
            philmodjunk

Name, Type and Number in which portal?

Typically, there's a script used to "synch" such "Master/Detail" portals. There may be a need to insert an extra Commit record step into that script before it works in IWP--and that can play havoc with keeping the right focus on clicked portal rows.