1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 15, 2012 11:54 AM by GuyStevens

Some Help with a Student Database

DanXia

Title

Some Help with a Student Database

Hi there,

I'm very new to Filemaker and have very little experience in IT database programmes, but hope to get some guidance with regards to a few issues.

I work in a private education institution and want to set up a workflow to be able to track students' progress so that I can be accountable to parents at the end of every semester. I have done up a simple student database, but would like to see whether these are possible.

1.      How do I go about getting tabs to be on the vertical side rather than the horizontal side? I already have tabs on the horizontal sides and having multiple layers of tabs makes it difficult to navigate.

2. Is there a way to change the height of each tab to make it more 'clickable' on the iPad? What I've done so far is to increase the font size, but that is a limited solution.

3.I'm looking to start up a student results database similar in style to what exists in the 'Personnel Records' starter solution where I can set up a group of fields such as Test Type / Results / Remarks by clicking the 'plus' button and it will all stack up nicely each time i create a set. 

Sorry if these questions have been asked before, I tried to google them but to no avail. Hope someone can help me out or point me in the right direction.

Thanks!