4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2011 1:04 PM by philmodjunk

Some Layouts will not appear in folders

andrewggrant

Title

Some Layouts will not appear in folders

Hello all.

Let me say up front that this is the third DB I have ever built, and I have only been using FMP 11 for 9 months.

I am having an issue with the Layouts listed in the Layout Pop-up menu in the tool bar. I have 249 Layouts in each of two DB's and both are displaying the same issue.

When I place these Layouts within folders, in the "Manage Layouts" window, they show up just fine with a checked box to display them in the Layout Pop-up.

When I go to my Layout Pop-up menu, the last set of layouts in the folders are showing up as though the folders in the Manage Layouts window were not checked. That is they show up as though they are not in folders at all.

Next caveat. When I go into Manage Layouts and drag the "Import / Export" folder (contianing 3 sub folders and many layouts) above the "Administrative Area" folder group, then the Layouts contained within the bottom three folders in the "Administrative Area" folder (now the bottom group of folders in the Manage Layouts list) behave as though they are not within folders in the Manage Layouts list and the formerly misbehaving folders now behave normally. See attached screenshot for clarification.

According the the Database Design Report, this DB has:

Tables: 26; Relationships: 138; Layouts: 249; Value Lists: 48; Scripts: 481; Accounts: 10; Privilege Sets: 7; Extended Privileges: 7; Custom Functions: 35; Data Sources: 4; Custom Menu Sets: 3; Custom Menus: 39.

I am using Mac OS X 10.6.8, FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced, FileMaker Server 10. All Patches and updates are current. This is a FileMaker Server hosted DB and the issue appears when the DB is opened in a client from the Server as well as when opened locally. A File Recovery found no issues. Creating a Compacted or Cloned copy from the Recovered file made no difference.

Any thoughts or needed clarifications?

Layout_Pop-up.png