4 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2012 10:57 AM by OlgaRammer

Some Portal records not showing

OlgaRammer

Title

Some Portal records not showing

I imported records for an identical FM DB.  I have a portal that shows related records based on SS#.  The new records do not show the related data in the portal. The original records do show the related data in the portal.

• 1. Re: Some Portal records not showing
          philmodjunk

First thing to check is whether you successfully imported all your records in to all the needed tables. The fact that you have a portal suggests that you have at least two tables. Did you perform two imports, one for each of these tables?

The next possibility is that not all the records were imported. If you import from a file that is open, the import records action imports the current found set--which may or may not have the records you want to import. If you import from a file that is not open, the import action imports all the records in the table.

A third possibility is that the data being imported did not import into the correct fields or, if you enabled auto-enter options, an auto-enter setting on the parent tables primary key field changed the value so that the records no longer match to those in the portal's table.

• 2. Re: Some Portal records not showing
            OlgaRammer

I had three tables.

One Old Records DB

One New Records DB

One Action DB

Both Old and New Records used the Action DB in their respective portals.

I exported Old Records to Excel.  And imported Old Records
            into New Records DB.  Since both used the same Action DB I did not do
            anything with that DB.  I assumed the portal would remain the same. 
            I did check all the relationships and field names.  Just can’t seem to get
            the Old Records fields to show in the portal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Olga

• 3. Re: Some Portal records not showing
              philmodjunk

That rules out the first two possible issues, but not the third.

• 4. Re: Some Portal records not showing
                OlgaRammer

THANK YOU!  After much searching...found fields with different data types!  Thanks again.