1 Reply Latest reply on May 6, 2015 7:19 AM by philmodjunk

sort find results by order that requests were entered

RyanBuckley

Title

sort find results by order that requests were entered

I often have to go through boxes of photographs, which all have unique item numbers in my database. The prints move around a lot, and I frequently need to go through a box print-by-print in order to retrieve all those records. I enter find mode, type in the unique id number for the print, create a new request, and continue.

Problem is when the results return they are not in the order in which I entered the find requests. So I cannot easily go back through the pile to ensure I have all the correct photograph records.

Is there any way to sort in this way?

• 1. Re: sort find results by order that requests were entered
          philmodjunk

Not by using a manual find.

You might be able to set up a process where you enter your numbers into records of a temporary use "search" table. A relationship can match each record to a photo record by item number (an item number field is all you need in this search table). This will allow you to put all needed fields from the related photo table on your "search" layout. You create a record in the table, enter an item number and the data on that photo appears. Create a new record and enter a new item number. The unsorted creation order thus produced preserves the order in which you entered the item numbers.