2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2012 12:40 PM by JorgeFernandez

Sort Records on Portal

JorgeFernandez

Title

Sort Records on Portal

Hi there

I´ve been reading many posts about sorting records on portals, and even dynamic sort records on portals

But if you only need a simpre re-sorting on a portal, like first name sort, last name sort and file number...

What is the easiest way to do it?? Is there an option to "sort record fields" inside a portal??

Thanks for reading

• 1. Re: Sort Records on Portal
          philmodjunk

The reason you are finding such complex approaches to the issue is that there isn't any built in way to dynamically sort the records in a portal into different orders based on different fields.

If the number of sort options are small, the 'easiest way' in my opinion is to put a tab control on your layout. Put a different copy of the same portal on each panel of the tab control, but use Portal Setup to specify a different sort order on each tab. Then you can 'sort' your portal just by selecting a different panel of the tab control. If you make the tab control invisible, give each panel a different object name and precisely position and size the portal on each panel, you can even make this look dynamic by giving the layout a set of "sort" buttons that actually use Go to Object to bring different panels of the invisible tab control to the front.

• 2. Re: Sort Records on Portal
            JorgeFernandez

Nice!!!

I did it, and if it´s not perfect, works great for me.

Thank you