1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 13, 2012 12:30 PM by philmodjunk

sort works manually but not from script

RobertMullin

Title

sort works manually but not from script

My script finds some records based on dates.  After finding the records I try to sort the records by date.  The records end up not getting sorted.  I can manually sort them and it works fine.  Seems like such a simple step.  Any suggestions to try?

• 1. Re: sort works manually but not from script
          philmodjunk

Scripted sorts should produce identical results to a sort performed manually if using the same list of fields in the sort order and if perfomed on the same layout with the same found set of records.

We'd have to see your script to before we could possibly see why this was not the case for you.

To post a script to the forum:

1. You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
          2. You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here.
          3. If You have FileMaker advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          4. If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format. (Use the HTML option on the database tab panel and paste the text into the forum's HTML editor.)