1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 8, 2015 6:44 AM by philmodjunk

Sorting found set by field in portal

pmehta91

Title

Sorting found set by field in portal

Hi

I am trying to sort the records by a field in a portal row, however it is not working. 

I have a checkbox called "Preferred", I want to sort the list of results by this field. 

However when I do the sort by field, the record that is ticked in the portal as preferred is not appearing as 1/5 etc

I have tried sorting by both ascending and descending however still no luck. The reason for this is I want to create a button on the records that are not marked as "preferred" which will allow the user to click the button and it will take them to the first record in the found set (the record with the preferred checkboxed checked)

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 1. Re: Sorting found set by field in portal
          philmodjunk

Portals do not have found sets and cannot be sorted by the sort records by field script step nor by the sort records script step. Both sort the layout's found set, not the set of related records shown in the portal. The records displayed in a portal cannot be dynamically sorted in that fashion.

There is a way to do that with a portal sorted on an unstored calculation that evaluates differently depending on the value you set in a global field or you can set up a series of tab or slide control panels and put a copy of the portal in each panel but with a different sort order specified in Portal Setup. The user then "sorts" the portal records by choosing a different panel of the control.