AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sorting reports with multiple factors, i.e. spec. date range, adjusted by variable.

Question asked by JennySmith on May 9, 2011
Latest reply on May 10, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Sorting reports with multiple factors, i.e. spec. date range, adjusted by variable.

This will be a long explanation.

I am a graphic designer and I'm creating a database to manage my time and billing.

My database setup is in the picture. Basically I have many customers who each have their own products/forms (no two customers have the same product). Each of my projects can only include one product (each charged for the time I spent on them). I log in and out of them on the worklog repeatedly (which makes several records for each) and mark them as proof or completed. Could have up to five proofs beginning in January and not completed until May, for example.

I need to have a billing report every month (which is not the same cycle usually) that will show all forms that are completed and all of the times i have gone in and worked on them (i.e. their proof worklogs). On the report, I cannot include any forms that have not achieved a complete status, as I can't bill for the proofs until the job is complete. I do bill for the proofs once it is complete. So I need a report where I can put in a date range, separate by completed worklogs + any proof logs associated with the completed form#, and excluding any proofs that do not have a complete worklog. I also need a report that shows all proof logs that do not have a complete log, exluding the proofs that do. So that I can have an "outstanding" proof report, to remind customers if their job has been in the system too long.

This might not make any sense, but if anyone gets it and has any thoughts please let me know. (I am also crap at scripting).

Screen_shot_2011-05-09_at_4.55.15_PM.png

Outcomes