1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2011 12:01 PM by WesZeger

Source fields duplicated during import field mapping

WesZeger

Title

Source fields duplicated during import field mapping

I am importing fields from a PostgreSQL database using the Actual Open Source Databases ODBC driver.  I have been having problems with, seemingly random, duplication of some tables during import.  I have had to delete, re-create, and re-import several times, and during this last time, noticed what I am hoping the problem is, but was not sure how to fix it.  The following 3 screenshots probably better explain things better than any text.

What I cannot figure is why the "deleted_yn" and the "Feedback_viewed" fields were duplicated, when clearly in the SQL query they were not.

I realize there are no found/destination fields in the final image, in the past, when I created a new table with the import process, identical fields to match the source fields were created.  For those 1st two duplicated, the destination fields were differentiated by a leading "underscore".  My thought is to hand enter fields in a new table and manually match them, such that one of the duplicated field sets will be unmatched.    Sorry if this is clear as mud.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I am not sure if this is an actual source issue or filemaker fix.

Thanks.

-Wes

ODBC_Import_Process.jpg

• 1. Re: Source fields duplicated during import field mapping
          WesZeger

Well, leaving the duplicated source fields empty on the target field side did not work.  Records were duplicated again during the mport process.  What's weird is that now a new table is adding duplicated records, in addition to the other tables.

Also, I meant actual technologies as the ODBC driver.  I will post something on their site to see if they have any thoughts.