1 Reply Latest reply on May 17, 2015 12:12 PM by philmodjunk

Special Age Calculation - two fields

AmandaSciandra

Title

Special Age Calculation - two fields

Brand new to FM, I apologize if this is somewhat of a duplicate- I found a thread that was pretty darn close to what I need, but I'm not knowledgable enough in calculation formulas to edit it successfully to my needs. 

1) Calculate Age by December 31 of current year.

2) Use above Age by year calculation to determine a series of eligibilities - note some ages have multiple eligibilities separated by a comma. I'm not picky on how it's displayed, just that it is displayed. 

Age 7 - TOPs7

Age 8 - TOPs 8

Age 9 - TOPs 9

Age 10 - TOPs 10, Hopes

Age 11 - Hopes, Junior Elite

etc.

• 1. Re: Special Age Calculation - two fields
          philmodjunk

Year ( Get ( CurrentDate ) ) - Year ( BirthDateFIeld )  // BirthdateField must be of type date, not text

Use this value as a match field to a table of related records where the match field is the age and a text field stores the text you want to return. This could also be set up with a case function, but using a table means that you can update what text is returned for each age as a data entry procedure instead of via a database design change. In cases where you have more than one listed item returned, this can be all text in one field or you can set up more than one record with the same age specified.