1 Reply Latest reply on May 18, 2011 2:27 AM by LaRetta_1

Specify Calculation view of all functions by name?

eibcga

Title

Specify Calculation view of all functions by name?

When I'm in the Specify Calculation dialog when defining a calculation field in Manage Database, and I want to select the Get(CurrentDate) function, for example, the function is not listed when I have the view set to "all functions by name".  But, when I change the view to Get functions, I get all Get functions listed which will include the Get(CurrentDate) function, as it should.  Why didn't this function get listed on the first view of all functions?  Shouldn't "all functions by name" literally mean all functions?  It seems to leave some functions off the list unless you specifically change the view to a category of functions.  A bug?

Screen_shot_2011-05-17_at_9.45.05_PM.png

• 1. Re: Specify Calculation view of all functions by name?
          LaRetta_1

It has been that way since vs. 7. and FileMaker doesn't consider it a bug.  But yes, it would be logical if they were all listed.  I guess thee were split into their own category because there were so many and FM just placed Get ( flag )  in its place to indicate there were many 'get' functions elsewhere.  When I first saw Get ( Flag ), I thought it was a new function LOL!!