3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2010 10:12 AM by PROFT

Specifying Left or Right Roll for Dymo Twin Turbo

PROFT

Title

Specifying Left or Right Roll for Dymo Twin Turbo

I've set up a POS database for use at a convention.  I have a script for printing receipts and a script for printing name badges.  I'm using a Dymo LabelWriter Twin Turbo printer.  Both the receipt and name badge printing scripts work fine, except that I'm unable to set from which roll the item should print.  

I can see the selection in the Dymo options section of the print dialog, but it won't keep actually allow the selection of right or left.  It just stays on Auto Switch.  I can print from outside of FMP and select either right or left, so it appears to be an issue with FMP.  (I'm running 11 advanced on a Mac w/ OS X 10.5.8.)

Before the print step I a print set up step that specifies the Dymo printer and which selects the paper size. 

Am I missing something or is this a bug in the way FMP interacts with the Dymo?  I read some of the other threads related to the Dymo, but didn't see anything there that helped or that I hadn't tried.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

• 1. Re: Specifying Left or Right Roll for Dymo Twin Turbo
          PROFT

I finally go this to work.  Outside of FMP I started a print dialog and save a Left and a Right Dymo preset.  Then in the Print step I selected this preset.  Using the preset kept the selection even though I was unable to select right or left roll from within FMP.  

Other than a pesky tendency to print a longer receipt than it should, the set up is working nicely.  I hope this solution might help someone else wrestling to get FMP to play nicely with their Dymo printer.

• 2. Re: Specifying Left or Right Roll for Dymo Twin Turbo
            AngelicaThornhill

I am having the same problem, also using FMP 11 on Mac OS X 10.5.8. I'm unfamiliar with how to set up a print dialog. Could you please describe exactly what steps you took to make this work. I'm incredibly frustrated!

Thank you in advance. 

• 3. Re: Specifying Left or Right Roll for Dymo Twin Turbo
              PROFT

Angelica,

Sorry for the delay.  I'm back from travels now and can help with this.  With your Dymo powered and connected to your computer, open any program from which you can print.  I used a word processor to accomplish this.  Once the program is open create a new document.  Open the print dialogue for the program and then select the Dymo.  Select Dymo options and choose either the right or left roll from the Paper Source.  Then from the Presets option, select Save As and name this set of features.   You'll now be able to specify this saved setting when you go through the print dialogue set up in FMP.

I hope this helps.