1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 9, 2011 9:37 AM by philmodjunk

Specifying running total based on a paid/unpaid commission.

AndySolomon

Title

Specifying running total based on a paid/unpaid commission.

I have a Purchase Order database that has all my customer info on with an indexed Invoice# that auto-enters the ID based on creation.  Example- If I'm on invoice 20, I make a new record, it is now 21.

From that layout, I have a seperate button that takes me to another layout of "view all invoices" which will allow me to see a handful of specified fields of whatever is currently being searched.  The fields are- Invoice #, Name, Facility, Date Ordered, Order Total, Commission, Client Paid (date), Manufacturer Paid (date).  I have a running total of all Order Totals and Commission Totals.  What I would like is a serpate field of a running total of all Order Totals that have no yet been paid (meaning, no text in the "Client Paid") category.  That way I have a quick look at how much $ is owed.  I would do the same to commission to see how much Commission needs to be paid as well.

Currently, I have to do a search, put "=" in the "client paid" field, and then I'll get a running total for all those searched fields (blank "Client Paid" dates).

My brain is fried on this one.  Help please.  :)

• 1. Re: Specifying running total based on a paid/unpaid commission.
          philmodjunk

If you sort these records first on the Client Paid field, then on any other fields on which you need to sort, the sort will group your records into two groups: the paid and unpaid.

If you add a sub Summary part "when sorted by" Client Paid, you can put your summary field in this part to see the total.

To see a running total for each group, define a summary field to compute a running total and specify the "restart totals" option with Client Paid selected as the "group by" field.--no sub summary part needed for these running totals.