1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 19, 2013 12:51 PM by philmodjunk

Splitting details and tallies in portals - eg an inventory with 2 stores

SamRich

Title

Splitting details and tallies in portals - eg an inventory with 2 stores

I saw the post on how to link your sales to your inventory - Managing Inventory using a Transactions Ledger. It got me started: I expanded my "order details" table (which includes sales info) to include fields for "Quantity In" and a calculation (Quantity In - Sales Quantity) and a summary field to make a total of the calculation field. I also added an Inventory date field.

The problem I'm having is that I have 2 stores. So when I go to my Inventory layout, which uses the Product table with a portal for Order Details - I see all the data for both stores - and the tallies are for both stores instead of separated out for each one. 

I know this shouldn't be that complicated - I was thinking there should be a button or something to either sort or filter by the Location field (in the Order Details table) - but I just haven't worked out how to do it yet! 

Any help gratefully received. 

• 1. Re: Splitting details and tallies in portals - eg an inventory with 2 stores
          philmodjunk

Both options are possible. You can set up a script to perform a find for a specified store. Here's a thread on scripted finds. The examples should provide you with some ideas on how you might set up such a scripted find: Scripted Find Examples

You can sort your inventory transactions in a sort order that includes the store. In fact, by playing games with the specific sort order, you can get different formats to a summary report on your inventory transactions.

Sort where the store is specified first, then by product and you'll get a report divided into two parts, one for each store. Sort by product, then by store and you'll get a report where you see totals for each product with a subtotal break down for each store for each of those products.

This tutorial on summary reports may help you sort that out: Creating Filemaker Pro summary reports--Tutorial