AnsweredAssumed Answered

Spool File as Data Import

Question asked by TKnTexas on May 30, 2009
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2009 by TKnTexas

Title

Spool File as Data Import

I am trying to figure out a solution in my department.  Our AP system takes two kind of invoices for import:  those with a PO for product purchased to resale and those without for general expenses.   When invoices with POs are processed, the PO batches are closed moving the information to the general AP side. 

The problem is that one of our acquisitions is on a different system than we ours.  They have to do their purchase orders on their system paying them through there.  They will access our main system remotely to enter general invoices.  The problem is the PO invoices entered on their system.  The system does not export.  There is an output report of the transactions.  The spoolfile layout is:

VendNum  *  InvoNum  *  InvoDate  *  InvoAmt  *  GL Distr  *  Loc *  Distr Amt

GL Distr  *  Loc *  Distr Amt

The distributions continue for however many lines there are, but generally 2 to 5.  I need to read the file in.. and fill it out complete.  The first four fields are not repeated down in the spooled file, but need to be for using it upload to our system.  I already have a tool to do that.   

I have parsed data from a spool file, that is not a problem.  I just need to fill in the data for all lines.  Is this scriptable?  Is it something others have done?

Outcomes