AnsweredAssumed Answered

Starter Solution "Notes Field" Question

Question asked by JoeColby on Apr 12, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Starter Solution "Notes Field" Question

Hi,

In the starter solution template "Contact Management", when you select the Contact Details tab on top there are several other tabs on the bottom portion of the page, one of those tabs is "Notes" used for recording notes about the contact.  The problem we are having is that the notes field is too small, we tend to have lots of notes at any given time and it is very difficult when checking a previous note to scroll through a very small window.  Is there a way to have just one note window and any time someone clicks "add a note" it opens the note window in a larger view and automatically puts the user name, date and time modified as a new update is entered.  We don't have to have new note boxes for each note, we just like to keep a rolling tab of notes with user, date and time modifications.  Just looking for a better way to interact with the notes field.

I have looked at the button script and tried to figure out a better way to do this but am stuck.  I also have the Filemaker Pro 11 book, "The Missing Manual", but I have not been able to find a fix for this.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Outcomes