2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2011 8:59 AM by M906

starter solution Converted

M906

Title

starter solution Converted

Hi, Im new to File Maker Pro advanced 10. I wanted to know is it possible to use FMP to control a website?

Im doing research and i wanted to Convert the research notes starter solution to help me with the process I have added more weblinks to help with my dept sections. I wanted to know if I put scripts in the notes, documents and images sections to possible send info put in those areas to the websites in the dept section. 

Or do I just solve the issue by making up my own database, with relationships and all. Wanted to try the easy way out with the starter solutions.

Anyway to help will be appreciated. Thanks

• 1. Re: starter solution Converted
          philmodjunk

Depends on what you mean by "control a web site". A FileMaker database can be published to the web and you can export data from FileMaker to be used by other web software to present pages of info to web users. Neither approach is a simple thing to do however, be prepared to read up on the subject before taking on such a project.

You'll also need to have a good understanding of how your starter solution works so that you can properly evaluate what changes will need to be made before it can be published to the web.

• 2. Re: starter solution Converted
            M906

I want it to control my blog. so it can be organized. However I will study more on the started solution to see what I can do with it.