AnsweredAssumed Answered

Starter Solution Script

Question asked by nihmbrisby on May 23, 2014
Latest reply on May 24, 2014 by nihmbrisby

Title

Starter Solution Script

I'm finding it very helpful to study the scripts in the starter solutions.  Am I correct in assuming that these must be well written since they're made by filemaker to represent their best methods? 

Anyways, I have a specific question.  I frequently see a script used in a trigger "Trigger | Refresh Search." It's attached.  A script trigger that runs when you start your session sets $$PLATFORM = "Desktop" for mac or pc.  (and then tablet, phone, and web for the other platforms).  Why does the script set the ID field = to itself if the platform is not a desktop?  

Does it refrain from Refresh Window [Flush cached join results] in order to minimize the impact on the mobile device's web connection? (from filemaker help: Do not select this option if you know your script does not affect related data, and if you want to minimize the performance impact of re-accessing related data (particularly when sharing a database over a network).  If so is this just them 'being safe' or should I strenuously avoid these sorts of things when developing a fmp go solution?

Thanks.

Refresh_Search.png

Outcomes