2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2013 9:36 AM by jchowchow

Starter Solution Show All Button Issues

jchowchow

Title

Starter Solution Show All Button Issues

I'm making a database based on the Contacts Starter Solution offered in Filmaker Pro 12.  For some reason, the show all button does not work on the iphone or desktop layout but it does work on the ipad layout.  They all share the same script which is  

Set Variable [$$FIND_SIMILAR; Value:""]

Set Field [Contacts::QuickFInd | iOS;""]

Show All Records

Perform Script ["Trigger | Sort Contact List"]

Is there something in the script which is inhibiting the Show all button from working on either the desktop or iphone layouts?

In fact, it may not have to do with the script, because any search I do in the Desktop or iphone layouts just give me one record.  I'm not sure why it won't show more than 1 record.    

• 1. Re: Starter Solution Show All Button Issues
          philmodjunk

As far as I know Show All works identically with all three systems and will show all records on any layout in exactly the same way.
                But differences in a layout's view settings may keep the results of Show All from being obvious. Are the layouts where you have this button in Form or List view? In Form View, the results of a Show All can be pretty subtle.

But when I look over the layouts in this starter solution, I find multiple layouts with at least two for each device. None of them have a "show all" button. I am either missing something or you have modified the design of the layouts that came with the starter solution. Either way, I can't check to see what you might have on a given layout as I don't know which layouts and thus which view options might be in force on each layout in question.

• 2. Re: Starter Solution Show All Button Issues
            jchowchow

It is in Form View.  You're exactly right!  The show all button is almost hidden in the preset layout.  If you go to browse mode, you won't see the Show All button.  However, if you go to layout mode, it will be in the top right hand corner.  (Edit:  I realized that it's hidden until you type a specific search in. Once a specific or failed search is given by the system, the show all button will appear in browse mode)  I'm not sure why it shows in one mode and not the other.  Still no luck on the multiple records though.  

As far as I know Show All works identically with all three systems and will show all records on any layout in exactly the same way.
                  But differences in a layout's view settings may keep the results of Show All from being obvious. Are the layouts where you have this button in Form or List view? In Form View, the results of a Show All can be pretty subtle.
                 I looked closer, and you were right!  In iPad view, it is automatically put into list view, and the form view button is turned off (It cannot be clicked and is the color of the button is gone).  How do I achieve this effect of locking it into list view for the desktop and iphone views?  Thanks! smiley  

I found it by clicking on the pencil.  Again, thank you for your help Phil!