2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2013 8:15 PM by PeterCali

Starter Solution Table Definition

PeterCali

Title

Starter Solution Table Definition

I am currently using the Home Budgets Starter Solution and would like to modify it. Before I proceed, I would like to understand the starter solution a little better. I am having difficulty identifying where and how the Income, FixedExpenses, Living Expenses, OtherExpenses, RelatedExpenses and SelfById Tables are Defined. When I hover over the Title the note identifies the Expense Table as the source table but there is no obvious field identified. I have been through the User's Guide and other documentation but can not seem to find a good source for an explanation. Any help or a nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Starter Solution Table Definition
          philmodjunk

When I hover over the Title the note identifies the Expense Table as the source table but there is no obvious field identified.

Do you mean that you are hovering over the arrow in the upper left corner of the box named "Expense Table" in Manage | Database | Relationships?

There would be no one field to identify with that information. Each "box" in that window is called a "table occurrence" and when you hover the mouse over the corner arrow, you see the name of the actual table (Defined on the Tables tab) to which that table occurrence refers.

See This tutorial for more on table occurrences: Tutorial: What are Table Occurrences?

• 2. Re: Starter Solution Table Definition
            PeterCali

Thank you for the refrence to the tutorial. Makes what seemed a bit mystical pretty clear. Kind of a forest through the trees moment. Now to just understand Indexing. Thanks Phil