1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 9, 2010 12:53 PM by philmodjunk

Static text across records aligned to check boxes

johnkmanchester

Title

Static text across records aligned to check boxes

I have created a numbered list of tasks in a textbox in a layout (The tasks won't change from record to record.)

Each new record reflects a new repeat of the task. Next to each task I would like a checkbox, creating a series in a portal; the series of checks are different for each new record.  

How do I size the text, or do something so that the boxes neatly align with the text?

Also, is it possible to creat a field next to each check box which records the date that the check is inserted?

• 1. Re: Static text across records aligned to check boxes
          philmodjunk

"Next to each task I would like a checkbox, creating a series in a portal; the series of checks are different for each new record.  

How do I size the text, or do something so that the boxes neatly align with the text?"

When I read that, I can come up with more than one interpretation. Can you post a more detailed example of this?

"is it possible to create a field next to each check box which records the date that the check is inserted?"

Yes. It could be scripted with a set field step that puts the current date in the field, or you might be able to store an auto-entered modification date if there are no other editable fields in that portal record.