13 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2009 7:43 AM by jluca

Status Area in web brower

jluca

Title

Status Area in web brower

On the web i want admin to only have and see the status area. I don't want any other user see a status area.   How can i go about doing this? 

Thanks

• 1. Re: Status Area in web brower
          mmccarty

Create a script similar to the following:

IF[Get(AccountName)=/ "Admin"]           /* =/ means not equal

Show/Hide Status Area[Lock:Hide]         /* This step hides the status bar from the user

End IF

Then go to File > File Options.  On the Open/Close tab, in the section "When opening this file", mark the box next to Perfrom Script.  Then click Specify and find the script from above.

Everytime someone opens your database, this script will run.  If they aren't the Admin then it will hide the tool bar from them.

Happy Scripting!

• 2. Re: Status Area in web brower
            mmccarty

Additional Notes:

When you hide the status bar, make sure you provide navigation buttons so that the user can still move through layouts and records.  Everything that they mite need to do, has to be available through one of your buttons.

If you have already done that, you may want to consider removing the internet toolbar as well.  The Back and Forward button on every web browser could move your users in a manner that you don't want.  To remove the toolbar include the following HTML code in the page that opens FileMaker IWP:

<A HREF="javascript&colonvar newWin = window.open('http://0.0.0.0/fmi/iwp/cgi?-db=dbname&-startsession', newWin, 'toolbar=0')">Click here to see the file. </A>

Substitute your internal IP address (129.246.40.175) for the 0.0.0.0

Substitute your database name for dbname

Substitute whatever message you want for Click here to see the file

Hope this makes sense.  Let me know if you have questions. 

• 3. Re: Status Area in web brower
              jluca
                 Thanks i give that a try
              • 4. Re: Status Area in web brower
                jluca

Sorry new at this

When i go do an if statement give me an error: A number test constrant, field name or ( is expected here.

This is what i am using in the specify cal field :   Get(AccountName)=/ "Admin"  

Thank JLuca

• 5. Re: Status Area in web brower
                  philmodjunk

Make your expression:  Get(AccountName) ≠ "Admin"

Mmcarty wanted you to use that operator in your expression, but it can be difficult to include in a post. (I had the same problem until I figured out that I could paste special characters by copying them from a Filemaker Specify calculation dialog box.)

• 6. Re: Status Area in web brower
                    jluca

Ok thank.  I use that expression but still no luck.  I am using this script: call status hide  

It look like this  

IF[Get(AccountName) ≠ "Admin]

Show/Hide Status Area[Lock:Hide]        

EndIF

When i log in as user1 on the web it still give me a status area

I try the different show compatibility mode and run full access privilege but still no luck

I went to perform script on opening and use call status hide.

If there something in account and privilege???? 

• 7. Re: Status Area in web brower
                      mmccarty

Are you using the re-login function to move between Admin and user1?  If so then you need to manually run the script.  On Open scripts run when the file not a session is opened. If you are closing the file and then opening it again, never mind.  But logging in and out won't trigger the script to run.

In Access and Privileges make sure that all your users have access the script you created.  In the Privilege Set Edit dialog box you can either make your scripts all executable or Custom Privileges.  If you are using custom privileges make sure you give "executable" privileges to all your users.

Another quick note, just incase you copy/pasted.  You forgot a " in the IF statement it should be "Admin".  Also, Admin is not a standard, you need to make it your [Full Access] account name.

• 8. Re: Status Area in web brower
                        mmccarty

Ignore my first paragraph.  I didn't notice that you said you were logging in from the web. 

The second paragraph is still valid.

• 9. Re: Status Area in web brower
                          jluca

When I log in the actually program the script work:smileyhappy:  

When I log in on the web the scprit doesn't work :smileysad:

So when I log in as user1 in the program script work but on the web no such luck.

• 10. Re: Status Area in web brower
                            jluca

LOL silly mistake !!!!!!!!

Had the mode on client only.  Put it on All and now it work perfectly

Thanks For you help :smileyvery-happy:

• 11. Re: Status Area in web brower
                              jluca

Going back to your Additional Notes:

The following HTML code in the page that opens FileMaker IWP:

<A HREF="javascript&colonvar newWin = window.open('http://0.0.0.0/fmi/iwp/cgi?-db=dbname&-startsession', newWin, 'toolbar=0')">Click here to see the file. </A>

Where would i put this code???

Thanks for your help

• 12. Re: Status Area in web brower
                                mmccarty

Where you put it depends on how users get to your database.  What the code does is open a new window without the internet toolbar.  I've never really programmed in HTML, I only found this code to suite my purposes so I can only tell you how I did it.

I created an HTML page with just the bit of code I gave you.  Then had a link put on my company's webpage to the HTML page I created.  When users click the link, they are directed to my page where the code automatically opens another window showing the IWP login.  The new window has no toolbar.  My users had to enable pop-ups for my page in order to get the new window.  It works pretty well for my situation. 

I think it is possible to make the no toolbar code part of a link on a page so that clicking the link will make the window pop up automatically without redirecting you first.  However, I'm not sure how to do this.

I hope this helps.  If not, maybe try using an HTML forum.

• 13. Re: Status Area in web brower
                                  jluca
                                     Thanks For your help I give this a try.