3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2009 8:56 AM by mrvodka

Status Bar Event Trigger

DavidSimmons

Title

Status Bar Event Trigger

Is there any way to create a Event Trigger on status bar actions. I would like to change the layout if a user clicks the New Record, Print and or Find buttons. This would give me much more control on the end user experience.

• 1. Re: Status Bar Event Trigger
          mrvodka
             This should be controlled by Custom menus, not event triggers.
          • 2. Re: Status Bar Event Trigger
            DavidSimmons
               Well, the problem is most users see the big Icon "Add Record" and press it. My default view is a list view which does not show all fields, so I don't want them to enter in this view. I want to control what view they can update and or create a record. As far as the customer menus they suffer from the same problem. They do not account for a real world view of a data entry screen.
            • 3. Re: Status Bar Event Trigger
              mrvodka

I agree that FMI missed this one in that they only allow for end user customization of the toolbar instead of giving the developer the ability to create a custom toolbar where the end users could then customize, much like giving the end users a buffet but only from the items that the developer put out.

However, as I said earlier in your case, this can be easily controlled by custom menus. You will still be able to use your toolbar as the button will run the script as per your custom menu. IOW, if you have a custom menu that uses a certain script for "New Record", then it will run that when the user hits the button for "New Record" as long as the custom menu is in place.