3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2014 9:55 AM by philmodjunk

Stock control

HarryFisher

Title

Stock control

I am still working on a DB that records chemical usage on my farm.

I have chemicals coming in and use them on crops which is products going out.

Is there a template I can use to learn how to achieve stock control.

Thanks

H

• 1. Re: Stock control
          philmodjunk

In otherwords, you need to track inventory and be able to tell what you have on hand and possibly to set a "re-order point" where you know to order more material when the amount on hand drops below that point.

There should be an inventory starter solution that you can look at for some ideas.

And I have a thread on the subject, but it's more oriented towards a Sales environment where each time items are listed on an invoice, their inventory levels automatically reduce to match. This can be adapted to what you have if you consider the list of materials and quantities for a given Application teh same as an Invoice for the sale of product.

Managing Inventory using a Transactions Ledger

• 2. Re: Stock control
            HarryFisher

If I follow this and create a transaction table to keep track of products in and out

will it pick up previous orders or only orders created after the new table is created ?

I don't seem to be able to generate a transaction record automatically on the transaction layout from the order line items table.

Thanks

H

• 3. Re: Stock control
              philmodjunk

I don't seem to be able to generate a transaction record automatically on the transaction layout from the order line items table.

In my example, the order line items table and the transactions table would be one and the same table. Thus creating a record via the line items portal also creates a transaction record because it is one and the same record in the same table. (You'd use a different layout based on OrderLineItems to log inventory changes not due to placing an order.)