AnsweredAssumed Answered

Streamlining FileMaker Online Process

Question asked by carlrobison on Jul 28, 2010
Latest reply on Jul 28, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Streamlining FileMaker Online Process

First of all, let me say I'm brand new to FileMaker so I apologize for my lack of knowledge and if this is not posted in the right forum, please let me know.

I just started working for a company where I visit remote sites, I document my findings on a checklist (paper and pencil), then when I get home I go to my company's web site, access FileMaker and input all my findings.  It seems to me there's got to be a better way to do this.  Each report takes me about a half hour to complete.  I do take my laptop with me on these visits but I don't have internet access to directly input the information on to the website.  Besides, the FileMaker online is pretty slow.  I DO have FileMaker pro on the laptop so I don't know if there's any way to get that template (if that's the right word) loaded locally on my computer, use FileMaker Pro to input the information while I'm at the site, and then some how sync it later when I have internet access.  I was also thinking of creating an excel spreadsheet and inputing the data onsite, then copying and pasting when I get home.  But this seems like it would almost be just as much work as I'm doing now.

Anyway, I hope this all makes sense and thanks in advance for your help!

Outcomes