6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2009 11:58 AM by bango

student assesment db - If calculation with 2 field values?

bango

Title

student assesment db - If calculation with 2 field values?

Hi,

I'm building a db of high school student assesment data.  I have a table with basic student biographical/contact data and a related table called "transcript" of all courses each student has taken at our school along with the grades acheived.  Each record in the trascript table has a field (course_name) as well as a field for final grade (final_grade).

Here's my issue...

We have multiple courses that satisfy our Algebra requiement.  In the student bio table, I would like to create a "Yes/No" field that displays whether a student has successfully completed Algebra I with at least a 70 average or higher. 

Currently I have this calculation for 2 courses that satisfy the Algebra I requirement........

If ( not IsEmpty ( FilterValues ( List ( Transcript_09::course_name ) ; "Alg Day 1 "  ) )  or not IsEmpty ( FilterValues ( List ( Transcript_09::course_name ) ; "*Alg-gr8  "  ) ) ; "Yes" ; "No" )

Now I would like to make the Yes/No dependent on an average of 70 or higher from the 'final_grade' field in transcript_09.

Any help on doing this and/or just making this calcuation simplier and more efficient?

Thanks again.  I'm using version 8.5.

Luis