AnsweredAssumed Answered

sub summary part when sorted by cartesian related table field

Question asked by jmvatc on Jan 21, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 21, 2014 by jmvatc

Title

sub summary part when sorted by cartesian related table field

Hello,

I am trying to create a "risk exposure by body part" report for my clients.

For each client we track risk through four tables ["cs", "tos", "pas" & "eas"] each related to Clients.  I have also created a table BodyParts and created a cartesian relationship between Body Part::Body Part Name and Clients::Client Name.  From my understanding, this allows each record in Clients to share all of the records in Body Parts.

Since each client has one unique risk exposure, I created a report layout using records from Clients called Risk Exposure by Body Part.  I have a sub-summary part for Client [sorted by Clients::Clients Name] then a second sub-summary part for Body Part [sorted by Body Part::Body Part Name].

In both sub summaries, I have a portal for each of the related tables ["cs", "tos", "pas" & "eas"] with the summary field s_exposure for each [s_exposure is a total of exposure].  These portals are filtered by cs::client name and cs::body part name so that the s_exposure field only displays the s_exposure for the specific client and body part.

This is working with correct data except that the sub-summary for Body Part only shows the first record in Body Part.  The layout is sorted correctly by Clients::Client Name then Body Part::Body Part Name.

Is there something else I need to add?

Thank you in advance.

Jeremy

FM11

Outcomes