AnsweredAssumed Answered

Submitting entires for approval?

Question asked by CDCASA on Nov 7, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 16, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Submitting entires for approval?

1.) I am designing a database for risk management and I have multiple layouts that are for different parts of this database. My question is if there is a way to design it in such a way so that when users log in via the web using an account name and password, they are initially taken to a layout (called "Adding a Risk") where someone can enter/submit information about a risk for the project at hand but rather than simple data entry where people just create new entries that are added to the database immediately, I would like to have the ability to have these "forms" or entries from the "Adding Risk" layout to be sent to an administrator to be approved before they make it onto the actual database itself. Then, the administrator can either approve or refuse the information for the database. Preferably I would like to have the users and administrators be able to enter/change/delete information on these forms until they have been approved at which point the only ones who can change information on these entries would be the administrators. I am just unsure if this is even possible let alone HOW to do it so help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Outcomes