3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2014 9:10 AM by philmodjunk

Subsummary report by Employee showing total hours worked and total pay

Phyllis

Title

Subsummary report by Employee showing total hours worked and total pay

I need to run a payroll summary report each week that includes the Employee Name, total regular hours worked, total OT hours worked, total regular pay, total OT pay, and Total Pay.

I was trying to do this based on a TimeSheet table that I have which contains all of this information. The total hours and pay are calculated using a running total when sorted by employee id. What I need for my summary report is just the Employee name and the Final running totals. Do I need to create a different table to use for my summary report or can it be done using this TimeSheet table with running totals?

• 1. Re: Subsummary report by Employee showing total hours worked and total pay
          TKnTexas

It can be done with the one table you have.  Create a summary field on the hours.  Create a subsummary part in your layout to subtotal on the employee ID field or the employee name.   

• 2. Re: Subsummary report by Employee showing total hours worked and total pay
            Phyllis

I tried this, but it doesn't give me all the data I need. Hopefully this will explain what I'm looking for a bit better...

Here is an example of the fields of the timesheet table that I am pulling the data from:

Employee      Daily Hrs Regular Hrs   OT Hours   Total Hrs   Regular Pay   OT Pay   Total Pay

John Smith     15             15                  0                 15              $150                $0         $150
            John Smith     15             30                  0                 30              $300                $0         $300
            John Smith     15             40                  5                 45              $400              $75          $475

What I need to capture on my summary report is just the last line of data for each employee. Because of the Running Totals and Calculation fields, I'm not sure I can do this without creating a separate table.

• 3. Re: Subsummary report by Employee showing total hours worked and total pay
              philmodjunk

In a summary report layout, you can remove the body layout part and just keep a sub summary layout part. You can put (Non running total) summary fields in this sub summary layout part and they will report sub totals for the group of data used to produce each instance of a sub summary row in your report.