2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2010 9:30 AM by philmodjunk

Subsummary reports

Mary78

Title

Subsummary reports

Hi there,

I am trying to do a couple of things which I am not sure are possible in Filemakerpro v11.

I have created a database with a number of tables linked via a clientID. I am trying to create a report on a number of fields relating to clients seen in each quarter. To report on each field, however, I have to redefine the sort each time - e.g., sort by age range of clients, sort by marital status etc. I would like the report to show the breakdown of each of these fields (using the value lists) directly underneath each other, with a pie chart beside each one. I haven't managed to find a way to do this...

Also, I am trying to find out how to report on how many outreach visits took place in particular locations as well as how many clients this referred to, e.g., there were so many visits in ? location and ? no. of clients were seen.

I want the subsummary report to look like this:

Location:                          Count no. of visits:                                     Count No. of clients:

So far, I have only managed the no. of visits part. I have defined summary fields 'count no. of visits' which counts 'location' . I have tried to add 'count no. of clients' which counts CLient ID. However, when I sort by location, the report shows me equal values for both.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mary78

• 1. Re: Subsummary reports
          davidanders

This may be helpful

Troubleshooting layouts with summary or subsummary parts

http://www.filemaker.com/11help/html/create_layout.9.69.html

• 2. Re: Subsummary reports
            philmodjunk

It's hard to picture exactly what you've tried to set up from your first post.

"I want the subsummary report to look like this:

Location:                          Count no. of visits:                                     Count No. of clients:

So far, I have only managed the no. of visits part. I have defined summary fields 'count no. of visits' which counts 'location' . I have tried to add 'count no. of clients' which counts CLient ID. However, when I sort by location, the report shows me equal values for both."

Did you use a sub summary part for this? How did you set it up?

If you want to re-arrange a summary report to show different breakdowns and subtotals based on how you sorted the records, you can do this by defining different sub-summary parts with different "sorted by" settings--but I'm not sure if that's what you need here or not.

You may already know what's in the following thread or it may be what you need:

Here's a link to a simple tutorial on setting up summary reports that you may find useful:

Creating Filemaker Pro summary reports--Tutorial