AnsweredAssumed Answered

Subtotal Help for Checkbox Selections

Question asked by RichardBelz on Mar 1, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 1, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Subtotal Help for Checkbox Selections

I have a table of 20-25 different records.  Each record represents a possible option that can be selected in the confuguration process of piece of equipment.  Fields in each record are a Description of the item and a Cost.

In that same database, I have another table that I use to actually go through and come up with the formal quotation for this product.  In this table, I have a field that shows the users all possible options that are valid for the above mentioned option table.  I use conditional (or dynamic, never can keep it straight) value list on this field to show the possible options (it's just a list of the descriptions from each record.  If I add more records at a later date as we offer different options, the value list update) and let the user check off the ones they want.  This part is working great.  Each record in this table represents a different quote, and this part is working great.

My problem is, I can't figure out how to tie a cost to those items selected.  I'd like to have a field in this second table that shows the total of the cost for all options that have been checked, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it.

If anyone has some insight they can offer, or examples that can be downloaded, I'd be very appreciative.

Outcomes