2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2013 4:40 PM by MurrayN

Suddenly application error

MurrayN

Title

Suddenly application error

I run filemaker pro 11 client every day. Today it is suddenly producing an application error on start-up.

Windows 7 Filemaker Pro11 & also happens with a fresh install of Filemaker Pro 11 Advanced.

"Filemaker Pro 11 (Advanced) has stopped working" appears while the splash screen is still visible.

I have tried reinstalling and restarting several times to no avail.

From the windows event viewer....

Faulting application name: FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe, version: 11.0.3.312, time stamp: 0x4d3f6749
           Faulting module name: KOAYTJ_T.dll, version: 0.3.800.0, time stamp: 0x50a1cd3d
           Exception code: 0xc0000005
           Fault offset: 0x00001d3a
           Faulting process id: 0x524
           Faulting application start time: 0x01cdf2b225e98d2e
           Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced\FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe
           Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\KOAYTJ_T.dll
           Report Id: 6504ac69-5ea5-11e2-b854-1c6f65c0ad3e

The only change to my machine since this was working has been an update to Adobe flash player 11 plugin this morning (can't imagine how this would be related but it is the only recent change).

• 1. Re: Suddenly application error
          philmodjunk

If you launch FileMaker without attempting to open a file, do you get the same crash?

I would expect so given the above description, but let's be sure.

Since installing/updating an app can make a change to the registry, while I wouldn't list an update to Adobe Flash at the top of my list of suspects, you can't absolutely rule it out either.

Have you run any utilities such as chkdisk to see if your hard drive is healthy?

Try from a different windows user account or better yet, create a brand new user account and try launching FileMaker from the new/different user account.

I've seen damaged user acounts (and never did figure out what exactly damaged the account) that repeatedly crashed FileMaker and fixed them by creating a new user account.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Suddenly application error
            MurrayN

This does appear to be a user profile related problem. I could use Filemaker as another user on the same machine. I deleted my network profile and the error has gone.