AnsweredAssumed Answered

Suggestion needed on a survey application

Question asked by mwtse on Jan 12, 2010
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2010 by mrvodka

Title

Suggestion needed on a survey application

Dear all,

I'm going to do a survey by FMP but could not figure out how I should proceed.

The database table I have on hand is like the following:

The fields are: icecream, cake, chocolate, candy ... , firstname, choice1, choice2, choice3

The icecream etc. fields are numbers from 1 to 3 or empty, indicating the favorite choice. I want to automatically fill in the fields choice1, choice2 and choice3 with the field names. i.e. if Mary like cake the most, there will be a "1" in her "cake" field, and I want to fill her "choice1" field with the word "cake".

I've tried to use object triggered scripts, but could not figure out how to get the content of the triggering field. It always said that "self" function could not be used.

I'm also considering to write a script to loop through all the records to examine each field, but do not know how to handle the list of fields except hardcode all the field names.

I'll be very appreciated if anyone could tell me the name of function I needed to study or point me to some similar cases (where loop through some fields of a record is used). 

Thank you! 

Outcomes