AnsweredAssumed Answered

Suggestions on best approach attendance sheet

Question asked by PrisonProfessor on Jan 2, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 5, 2014 by PrisonProfessor

Title

Suggestions on best approach attendance sheet

Trudging along in overall dB development. The next big tasks is Keeping attendance weekly and than a history

I envision something similar to what I'm currently doing in a spreadsheet. 

Header portion will have Class start and end dates, class name & code, class text, facility location and sponsor name. This data is already in an existing table HistorySOCPMClasses with a few assertional fields related to student counts for begin & end number of students and counts for students; added, removed, transferred, paroled, dropped (removed is not a sum of last 3 but an independent count.

A sub heading would be assigned to each class session; date, session number & topic

Summary would have a sum of all the above counts for each weekly class and a sum of all those counts

The actual body would be a record for each student enrolled and his status for each class which can be anywhere from 4 to 20 occurrences the fields would be student Id, Last Name First Name (this info is in a table called ProfileStudents.

For each student for each week of class would be a status field of P, X, T, R, D in short it be a matrix 30 x 12 if I had 20 students in a class that lasted 12 weeks. 

It is this matrix portion that is my biggest challenge. I’m thinking a portal for each student and his record of attendance but how to best incorporate the matrix into  a portal that already has a column in place for al weeks. All I need to do is fill in the students status for the week.

I hope this is clear appreciate any suggestions the more detail the better as I’m not no where near a skilled FM Pro developer

Outcomes