1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 19, 2015 12:27 PM by philmodjunk

Suitability for applications with 10-50 users

user24844

Title

Suitability for applications with 10-50 users

Hi All,

I've pretty much decided to use Filemaker to develop and application for one of the clubs I belong to.  But before I do I just wondered what peoples views are about using Filemaker as a development tool for departments of 20-50 users, the application will have a lot of forms and a few reports.

I used to be a full time developer, and have been looking for a form based development system so I do not have to go through the pain of learning MVC etc.  So I am comfortable with developing, just not in Filemaker and I can't see what the underlying technology is (from a database perspective) so I'm finding it hard to judge its suitability for this type of application.  The users are Mac and Windows.

Also is there any developer license support on the product or do I have to purchase a full copy?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Suitability for applications with 10-50 users
          philmodjunk

You can download a free 30 day trial copy and give it a test drive to better evaluate your ability to get it to work.

The key detail is to determine the number of simultaneous users of your database. A copy of FileMaker Pro can support simultaneous connections from up to four other users--each with their own licensed copy of FileMaker. To support more simultaneous connections requires hosting the database using FileMaker Server--either a copy your client purchases or ia a Hosting service. FileMaker server can also be used to publish the database to the Web via "Web Direct" and then your users can use a Web Browser to access the hosted database.